Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) is National Mission for Financial Inclusion to ensure access to financial services, namely, Banking/ Savings & Deposit Accounts,
Remittance, Credit, Insurance, Pension in an affordable manner. The account can be opened in any bank branch. PMJDY accounts are being opened with Zero balance.
PMJDY Claim Form
- No minimum balance required.
- Interest will be paid on deposit.
- The scheme provides life cover of Rs.30,000/- payable on the death of the beneficiary, subject to fulfilment of the eligibility condition i.e. accounts opened between 15.08.2014 – 31.01.2015 with age limit of 18-60 years.
- Accidental insurance cover of Rs.1 lac for the accounts opened prior to 28.08.2018 with age limit from 18 – 60 years and Rs. 2 Lac for the accounts opened after 28.08.2018 with age limit from 18 – 65 years under RuPay card scheme.
- Easy Transfer of money across India.
- Beneficiaries of Government Schemes will get Direct Benefit Transfer in these accounts.
- Access to Pension, insurance products.
- The Claim under Personal Accidental Insurance under PMJDY shall be payable if the Rupay Cardholder has performed
minimum one successful financial or non-financial customer induced transaction at any Bank Branch, Bank Mitra, ATM, POS,
E-COM etc. Channel both Intra and Inter-bank i.e. on-us (Bank Customer/RuPay card holder transacting at same Bank channels)
and off-us (Bank Customer/RuPay card holder transacting at other Bank Channels) within 90 days prior to the date of the
accident including accident date will be included as eligible transactions under the RuPay Insurance Program 2019-20.