With a view to encourage setting up small dairy farms, Government of India has launched DEDS with effect from September 2010.
Objective of the Scheme
- To promote setting up of modern dairy farms for production of clean milk.
- To encourage heifer calf rearing thereby conserve good breeding stock.
- To bring structural changes in the unorganized sector so that initial processing of milk can be taken up at the village level itself.
- To bring about upgradation of quality and traditional technology to handle milk on a commercial scale.
- To generate self-employment and provide infrastructure mainly for unorganized sector.
Farmers, Individual Entrepreneurs and SHGs are eligible to avail credit facility under the scheme. An individual shall be eligible to avail assistance for all the components under the scheme but only once for each component. More than one member of a family can be assisted under the scheme provided they set up separate infrastructure at different locations. The distance between the boundaries of two such farms should be at least 500 meters.
For further details visit nearest OGB Branch.